Friday, April 18, 2014

Day 6: Finished

Text: Isaiah 53:4-11John 19:16b-37John 3:16
In a sham of a trial with an unjust verdict, He shows us that this is how God intended for His only Son to be sentenced. What they meant for evil, God meant for good. John shows us God – working out His purposes in this poor, fallen world. In a situation where God seems to be completely absent, He has been present for ages. 
And when Christ breathes His final words before His death, “It is finished,” He not only indicates that the worst ordeal – bearing the wrath of God against sin in the place of His people (Matthew 27:46Mark 15:34) – is literally over, He has also completed the work of salvation for His people. ~ She Reads Truth
He did it all. It is finished. Paid in full. He has delivered us. We are set free. For whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16). Unimaginable. For my King to die for me, a sinner, to ransom me. I can't begin to fathom this. I can't understand why He would do such a thing for me.How great is His love for you and me. Lord, I am ever so grateful.

Jesus is the fulfillment of the Law (Matthew 5:17). He is the answer to what we are looking for.
It is the worst and best of all human deaths. For on this tree he bears our sins in his body (1 Peter 2:24), “the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God” (1 Peter 3:18). And now it is finished. ~ Desiring God

No comments:

Post a Comment