Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 4: The Betrayal

Text: Psalm 41:9Matthew 26:47-56

Judas betrayed Jesus, and yet Jesus called him friend. It is just like our Lord to teach us to respond in love even in His darkest hour. This truth humbles me. This is a lesson I find so hard to learn and to practice. I often feel that I need to be justified whenever I feel that I an wronged. I seldom respond in love when I am irked. I often respond in impatience, sometimes in anger.

I forget that I too have my Judas moments. 

It's remarkable to point out that the price for which Judas betrayed Jesus was 30 pieces of silver, about a month's wage. How many times have I chosen work over Jesus? How many times have I pushed Him aside and chose myself?

Still He calls me friend...

And in His love He honored His Father, just as He had promised through sweaty, bloody tears in Gethsemane. Christ’s submission to the Father’s omnipotent hand was unwavering.
In His love – not just for Judas and not only for the Father, but for us – He was led to His trial. And He was sentenced to death.
Your betrayals and mine – His blood covers it all. And He calls us “friend.” ~ She Reads Truth




No comments:

Post a Comment