Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Day 2: The Temple

Text: Isaiah 56:7-8Jeremiah 7:8-11Matthew 21:10-17Luke 19:45-48

"After Jesus tosses out those who would pervert the temple of God into a temple of wealth and greed and convenience, He does something revolutionary: He invites the Least inside." ~ She Reads Truth

 Matthew 21:14 is a verse I have overlooked so many times. After Jesus threw out everyone who had set up shop, buying and selling, then there was room for the blind and crippled to get in. They came to Jesus and He healed them.

"The blind, the lame, the children all come in and Jesus welcomes them, heals them, confirms their place among Him. He cleared out those who profaned the temple and ushered in those who humbly sought after God." ~ She Reads Truth

And are we not God's temple? Are not our bodies His temple?

 Lord, I pray that you take out the robber, the thief in me. Humble me and cleanse me, Lord, that You may use me as a channel of your love for the people around me. I know, Father, that You use vessels no matter how broken they are just as long as they are clean. Cleanse me, Lord. Please use me. Amen.

"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!" 1 John 3:1


No comments:

Post a Comment