Friday, April 25, 2014

Whom Do You Seek?

Text: John 20:11-18Jeremiah 29:13

Mary.

She looked for Jesus even after she saw that the tomb was empty. I could only imagine what she felt at the time. Maybe she was afraid that her Teacher's body was stolen. I could imagine that she was confused. I could imagine that she had little understanding of what was happening. Peter and John reached and inspected the empty tomb, they believed and went back home. Mary Magdalene stayed and looked for Jesus. She did not know what was happening at the time, she did not know that the Son of Man must die but will rise again on the third day after his death. She looked for Him and found Him.

God does not hide from us. If we seek Him we shall find Him.

I love the prophet Jeremiah's letter to the captives in Babylon. Hebrews that were taken from their homes, their families, their country. They might have felt terribly alone, fearful, and sorrowful. But here is what the Lord told them through Jeremiah:

I say this because I know the plans that I have for you.” This message is from the Lord. “I have good plans for you. I don’t plan to hurt you. I plan to give you hope and a good future. Then you will call my name. You will come to me and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will search for me, and when you search for me with all your heart, you will find me. I will let you find me.” This message is from the Lord. “And I will bring you back from your captivity. I forced you to leave this place. But I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have sent you,” says the Lord, “and I will bring you back to this place.” (Jeremiah 29:11-14 ERV)
  Not everything or everyone we seek will give us hope. He is our hope. We can trust Him for He has plans for us, plans that will prosper us and not hurt us. When we don't understand let us seek our Lord with all our hearts, and we shall find Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment